Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

The Choice | Nicholas Sparks

The Choice is a love story about an adventure-seeker, Travis, and his new (and taken) next-door neighbor, Gabby. Gabby tries to stay away, but she gets pulled in when she has to rely on her small town vet…Travis. For a more complete summary, you can go here.

I feel like people either love or hate Nicholas Sparks’s books. Before you read them, you need to know what you’re getting into. They are all super sappy love stories (verging on the edge of cheesy), with a super horrific twist that may leave the readers heartbroken. With The Choice, it is no different. If you acknowledge that going into the book, then it is really enjoyable. I actually kept thinking to myself while reading this book, “Wow, this is so nice and happy. When does something terrible happen?”

There’s a reason why almost all of Sparks’s books turn into movies: they are very heavily dialogued. That makes it super easy for screenwriters to transfer it into a script. It also makes you feel like you really know the characters. 

This wasn’t my favorite Sparks book, but it was definitely better than The Best of Me. My two favorites are still The Lucky One and Safe Haven. It was a quick read and I found it enjoyable. I do have some issues with books that have whirlwind romances, but I didn’t mind it too much in this story. I was actually surprised with what “The Choice” was referring to, so I was pleased to be taken off guard. 

If you are interested in buying the book, you can buy it here. After you have read it, leave a comment and let me know what you think! 


****   4/5 Stars


If you like books like this, you should also check out these books:














The Rosie Project 











Belong to Me