Search This Blog

Thursday, June 25, 2015

If You Wrong Us | Dawn Klehr

If You Wrong Us is a dark young adult novel about two teens that are brought together after Johnny loses his mother and Becca loses her twin sister in the same car crash. They plot revenge once they discover that the crash was no accident. For a more complete summary, you can go here.

This novel reminded me of Gone Girl combined with Life By Committee. It has a manipulative female lead that will do anything to get what she wants. It has a very dark and twisted story line, just like Gone Girl, but I think it failed in comparison. It also has the online community element as in Life By Committee, where people are willing to confess their deepest secrets to their internet peers. 

This book had a very interesting concept, and I understand that it was supposed to be mysterious and shocking, but I ended up feeling confused by the book. The voices of the main characters sounded so similar that I had to keep going back to see which perspective I was reading—which is pretty unusual when it is male and female perspectives. I read an advanced ebook copy of this book, so the formatting was strange, which I hope they fix for the final book. But I think there was a third perspective in there. It’s a bad sign when it is that unclear…I also don’t really understand what happened in the book. Becca lies to the reader and slowly reveals the truth, but it is never really clear what the true details are. 

This was a quick book, and it was interesting, but it defiantly left something to be desired. I would still recommend it, just expect an okay book. If you are interested in buying the book, you can buy it here. (It will be released  October 8, 2015). After you have read it, leave a comment and let me know what you think! 

 ***  3/5 Stars

*Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book for free from Netgalley. This did not impact my review in any way*


If you like books like this, you should also check out these books: