Search This Blog

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Q & A With Author Lauren Oliver

What are your ambitions for your writing career? What would your career look like in an ideal world?

I would like to continue writing for multiple age groups in multiple genres. I'd also love a movie at some point! 

Which writers inspire you?

The list grows longer every day….

Give us an insight into how you create your main characters.

They just start talking to me in my head. It sounds a little crazy, I know! 

Which actors/actresses would you like to see playing the lead characters from “Panic"?

I'm TERRIBLE at fancasting. I literally don't know who anyone is. There's a great website though, called IfList, where fans can submit their dream casts.

How much research do you do before writing a book?

It really depends on the book. Before I Fall was based largely on my own experiences, so it didn't really need any research, but something historical like my new series Curiosity House took a significant amount!

Do you aim for a set amount of words/pages per day?

Yes, I'm a big fan of the daily word count.

How can readers discover more about you and you work?

Twitter: @OliverBooks










Check out my review of Lauren’s book Panic.