Search This Blog

Friday, July 17, 2015

Nightmare Dilemma | Mindee Arnett

Nightmare Dilemma is the second book in the Arkwell Academy trilogy. It’s a young adult fantasy novel about a girl, Dusty, who is a Nightmare. She literally feeds off of other people’s dreams. Her and her dream-seeing partner, Eli are called upon again to solve a mystery at their school of other paranormals. Dusty are able to see the future while in Eli’s dreams. For a complete summary, you can go here.

My feelings about this book are pretty much the same as my feelings about the first book, The Nightmare Affair. It was a really cool idea about Nightmares being actual creatures. I guess I was hoping for it to be a little bit darker. The Nightmares should have been creepier, not happy-go-lucky. 

There were also so many things in this book that seemed way too close to Harry Potter. For instance, the bad guy from the first book comes back to life, but in a different form. Why can’t the bad guys just die?! There are also the bad guy professors who keep getting replaced by other bad guy professors. 

This was a fun, enjoyable story, but it left me wanting more. I will be reading and reviewing the third book in this series in a few weeks, so I hope that it gives me everything I was hoping for. The whole premise really has a lot of potential! However, I am a little concerned because I notice that in trilogies, the books get worse as the series moves forward. But we’ll see!

If you are interested in buying the book, you can buy it here. After you have read it, leave a comment and let me know what you think!



 ***   3/5 Stars








Check out my review of Mindee's book The Nightmare Affair.
















She also agreed to a Q&A with me, so check it out here!














If you like books like this, you should also check out these books:







Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone










The Scorpio Races










Cinder