Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Big Little Lies | Liane Moriarty

“They say it's good to let your grudges go, but I don't know, I'm quite fond of my grudge. I tend it like a little pet.”  

Genre: Chick lit thriller
Number of Pages: 460
Perspective: Third
Location: Australia

Big Little Lies is the story of a public school in Australia. The moms (and some dads) deal with the craziness of lies, drama, gossiping, bullying, accusations, violence, and eventually a murder at a school event. For a complete summary, you can go here.

Usually, hyped-up books fail to impress me, but this book was awesome, and it won my Best Book Award! It was a really long book, but it is a quick-read since you won’t be able to put it down! This book actually reminded me a lot of one of my other favorite books, The Supreme’s at Earl’s All-You-Cat-Eat. You have the three very different friends: one with a strong, no-nonsense personality and an extremely supportive husband; one who is gorgeous, but is hiding a dark secret; and one who struggles with cruel men. Both books also deal with very tough subjects, but refrain from making the story too heavy. Big Little Lies deals with issues such as bullying, rape, domestic violence, sex trafficking, and murder in a way that brings the subjects into the spotlight in delicate way. 

I always love a good mystery/thriller book where I can try to guess the ending. I was able to guess some of the surprises, but a few still got me! The best stories are ones that I can’t guess—even though I try so hard!

I can’t wait to read some of Moriarty’s other books! I will definitely post the reviews to those books when I read them. I would recommend this book to any teen/young adult. I think woman would appreciate this book more than men, but it would give men a good perspective. If you are interested in buying the book, you can buy it here. After you have read it, leave a comment and let me know what you think! 

“Did anyone really know their child? Your child was a little stranger, constantly changing, disappearing and reintroducing himself to you. New personality traits could appear overnight.” 

 5/5 Stars

*****

o Amber Gregg











Check out my other recipients of the Best Book Award!







If you like books like this, you should also check out these books: