Search This Blog

Monday, October 19, 2015

A Simple Guide to World War 1 | Daniel Turner


Genre: Children’s Nonfiction — History
Number of Pages: 52



This is an illustrated and condensed summary of World War 1. For a complete summary, you can go here.

This book is perfect for children or history-illiterate people like me. It was simple and easy to understand, plus the illustrations made it more interesting (I think all history is incredibly boring). 

Now this is written by a British author, so it’s definitely a different perspective on the war than what I am used to. Obviously, in the United States schools, we learn primarily about what our role was in the war. Like I mentioned before, I am not great with history, so I can’t verify the accuracy of the facts in the book. My only complaint is with the text. It was hard to read some of it over the images.  

It was a quick read and was informative! I would recommend it for a super brief idea of what World War 1 was about. If you are interested in buying the book, you can buy it hereAfter you have read it, leave a comment and let me know what you think! 


4/5 Stars

*****

o Amber Gregg