Search This Blog

Friday, November 27, 2015

Why I Love Happily-Ever-Afters

This is a guest post by Elsa Winckler.
There is something about a happily-ever-after that still gets me every time and I’m way past the age where one is supposed to still believe in that. Despite all the curveballs life has thrown my way I still believe in kindred spirits, soul mates, love at first sight and the possibility of being happy forever.

It probably has a lot to do with the fact that I married my college sweetheart and we celebrated our fortieth wedding anniversary earlier this year. Being married, having kids, going through one crisis after the other, in other words when life happens, it’s easy to forget why you fell in love in the first place. But when you do remember, the rest becomes white noise.

I’m an avid reader and literally read every book in the library of the small town where I grew up. But somewhere along the way, I’ve realized the stories with the happy endings, the stories with the promise of hope – those are the ones I love to read. So when I’ve decided to try and write a story, there was never any doubt in my mind that it would be a romance.

To sit down and give life to the characters in my head and the endless conversations they have with one another, gives me great pleasure. Every time I reach that moment where the pieces of the puzzle fall into place, I’m smiling.

So I hope you enjoy reading about the Cavallo brothers and their happily-ever-afters as much as I’ve enjoyed writing about them. 



Inspired by the writing of Jane Austen, Elizabeth Gaskell, Henry James, and the Brontë sisters, Elsa Winckler likes her heroines beautiful, feisty, independent and headstrong. She married her college boyfriend who, after 40 years, still makes her weak in the knees. They have 3 interesting and wonderful children and 3 beautiful grandsons, and live in the picturesque little seaside village of Betty's Bay, South Africa with the ocean a block away. Visit with the author on her website at: www.elsawinckler.com.