Search This Blog

Thursday, December 17, 2015

Mistakes are Proof That You Are Trying: Coloring Book | Samantha Snyder



Genre: Adult Coloring Book 
Number of Pages: 104

This coloring book is a part of a series of coloring books from the Doodle Art Alley Books. Each book has an inspirational theme with doodles to color in and quotes. For a complete summary, you can go here.

This is actually my first experience coloring an “adult” coloring book. My background is education, so I actually have done a lot of coloring in my adult life, but with children’s coloring books. Coloring is actually very calming. 

I appreciated the quotes, especially since a lot of the quotes in this book were related to education. And the drawings were really cute. But they were pretty simple. It would be good for people who want to finish a whole page in about 20 minutes, but it is not as complex as a lot of the other coloring books on the market — such as all the mandala ones. I don't like coloring in huge chunks of the page with just one color. I wish it was a little more complex, but I do really like the book. I would say middle school to high school would be the perfect age range for these coloring books. [Now I feel like I need to go get more colored pencils.]

If you are interested in buying the book, you can buy it here. After you have read it, leave a comment and let me know what you think! 

 4/5 Stars

*****

o Amber Gregg o

*Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book, but it did not impact my review in any way.*