Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Never Never #1 | Colleen Hoover & Tarryn Fisher

“I want to tell him that what he did was nice, but nice is such a silly word for kindness. Anyone could pretend to be nice. What Silas did was innate. Boldfaced kindness.” 

Genre: Young Adult Romance.
Number of Pages: 159.
Perspective: Alternating First.
Location: New Orleans.

Never Never follows Silas and Charlie, a teenage couple that wake up one day and can’t remember anything about their lives. As they put together the pieces they start to realize that maybe they were hiding a lot of horrible secrets, and it's better to forget. For a complete summary, you can go here.

Well, I wanted quick read, and I definitely got that. I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned this before, but I usually HATE series. Especially with big cliffhangers. I don’t want to have to be committed to 3+ books to get a complete story. But typically after each book in a series, you feel some sort of resolution, even though there is a larger story that continues through all of the books. Nope, not this time. This was a really amazing book and I was powering through it. Then…it ends. It's like they took a novel, sliced it in thirds, and decided to space the release of all three parts over the course of a year to drive the readers insane. It's like starting to read a novel, losing it for a year, then picking up the book to finish when you don’t really care or remember what happened anymore. If it was a novel, it was going great and I would have given the book 5 stars, but because I feel it is incomplete, I can only give it 4 stars. The same thing happened when I read The Fixer.

I don’t really want to say much else about this book since I don’t want to give away any spoilers—plus I don’t know what happens. I guess I am off to read part #2 and (im)patiently wait for #3 to come out next month. If you are interested in buying the book, you can buy it here. After you have read it, leave a comment and let me know what you think! 

“The more she likes me, the more closed off she becomes. The more sarcasm she inflicts on me. Vulnerability makes her feel weak.”  

4/5 Stars

*****

o Amber Gregg o


*Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book, but it did not impact my review in any way.*