Search This Blog

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Q & A With Author John Czarnota


Hi, John! What inspired you to write your book, "The Last Roadshow"?

At first this was going to be a screen play. I've written two in the past. But the bad taste of dealing with L.A. agents and the like came right back. So the thought of writing a book that I could have total control over if I so chose to was a no-brainer. On the business side, millions watch the Antiques Roadshow here, in Europe, and Australia. So there was a strong probability of a built in audience. 

Very interesting. I didn't realize how popular that show is. How did you come up with the title?

Most everything in the book happens after the Antiques Roadshow in Palm Springs, so it was an easy choice. The same for my design of the book jacket. 

What books have most influenced your life most?

I have ADD, so nothing sticks with me long.

Do you have any advice for other writers?

If not at the end of a page, then at the end of each chapter ask yourself "is this the best I can do?"

That's great advice! Where did your love of writing come from?

I've always been a dreamer. I'll never forget my 4th grade teacher Mrs. Lusko, telling me I had a vivid imagination. 

Teachers can really make or break creativity in children. What was the hardest part of writing this book?  

The middle. Filling it in. 

What did you enjoy most about writing this book?

The dialogue. For me, it's the biggest challenge. Also the most enjoyable. 

Do you write every single day?

No. But I think about what I'm going to write every day. I'm always blocking scenes in, like a screenplay.

Thanks for joining me, John!