Search This Blog

Sunday, March 6, 2016

Yes Please | Amy Poehler

“Sticking up for ourselves in the same way we would one of our friends is a hard but satisfying thing to do. Sometimes it works.”

Genre: Autobiography/Humor.
Number of Pages: 329.
Perspective: First. 
Location: New York/Chicago/Massachusetts.

Yes, Please is a humorous memoir from the star of Parks and Recreation and SNL. For a complete summary, you can go here.

I don’t know why I keep reading memoirs by celebrities. I usually hate them, despite the fact that they are typically New York Times Best Sellers. I am really glad I decided to try one more and read this one. Amy is naturally funny, so a few laughs are expected, but she also offered some great life advice. 

A weird side note about this book: the pages are very thick and shiny. This leads to glare if you are reading outside, and it also caused the book to be very heavy. I hated carrying it around with me. This is not a good travel book for that reason. But the photos and graphics make it ideal to read this as a physical copy versus an ebook. 

If you don’t like or watch SNL or Parks and Recreation, you may not enjoy this book. There were a lot of references to both, and it helps to have a little bit of an understanding of the shows and the other actors involved. However, if you don’t watch either of those shows and don’t really know Amy Poehler, I’m not sure why you would read a book about her life…

Overall, this book was entertaining and worth a read, and it doesn’t take too long to get through. If you are interested in buying the book, you can buy it here. After you have read it, leave a comment and let me know what you think! 

“Everybody wants you to share your MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENT all the time, and I’m here to tell you that you don’t have to. You don’t have to tell it or tweet it or Instagram it. “

 4/5 Stars