Search This Blog

Saturday, April 9, 2016

Linger | Maggie Stiefvater

“I had this feeling that he and I, in this moment, were a car crash, and instead of putting on the brakes, I was hitting the accelerator.” 

Genre: Paranormal Romance. 
Number of Pages: 360.
Perspective: First Alternating. 
Location: Minnesota.

Linger is the story of Sam, a werewolf who was just turned back to a human, and Grace, a human longing to be a wolf. They are in love and have never been permanently in the same form. Will that change now? For a complete summary, you can go here.

This is the second book in the Wolves of Mercy Falls series and follows Shiver. See my review of Shiver here. I always talk about how much I hate series, and this book is a good example of why. Shiver is one of my all-time favorite books, so I was looking forward to seeing what happened next. I was severely disappointed. 

I felt like the good plot lines and romance cliches were used up in the first book and the second one was not nearly as intriguing or romantic. I felt like this book was an intermission between the first and the third book. I could feel that something big was brewing and that the big climax and drama will be in the next book. [I also felt that way after reading the second book in the Never Never series. You can see my review of that here.]

I did really enjoy the subplot from one of the new wolves: a rock star looking for an alternate solution to death. He is a genius that purposely tries to come off as unintelligent. I am interested to see his character continue to grow and transform. The rest of the characters seemed very stagnant in their transformations. However, I am still going to read the last book because, as is the purpose of series, I am invested and cannot stop now. If you are interested in buying the book, you can buy it here. After you have read it, leave a comment and let me know what you think! 

3/5 Stars




“...she made her home in between the pages of books.” 





Check out my review of the first book in this series, Shiver