Search This Blog

Monday, July 18, 2016

Melissa Explains It All | Melissa Joan Hart

“I remember asking my friend. . .for tips and her best one was: When watching football with your man, just look up once in awhile and ask, Now who did he used to play for?' He'll talk for at least fifteen minutes, you'll seem like you care, and then you can go back to your In Style or whatever.” 


Genre: Celebrity Memoir. 
Number of Pages: 276.
Perspective: First. 


This is a memoir by the former child star, Melissa Joan Hart.  She details her life growing up in front of the camera and her adventures into adulthood. For a complete summary, you can go here.

I listened to this as an audiobook, which was enjoyable since Melissa provided her own voice. She definitely made this one of the easiest to listen to audiobooks I have experienced. However, the content left me wanting more. 

I really enjoyed hearing about Melissa’s childhood and how she got into acting. I also liked the nostalgia of hearing about the behind the scenes of Sabrina: the Teenage Witch. I’ve always seen Melissa as one of the “good” celebrities that stayed out of the paparazzi's slimy fingers and focused on her career. However, I felt that this book was her trying to shout, “Look at me! I’ve done some mildly bad things!” Some of it just felt insincere and like she was trying too hard. 

This book is probably only interesting for fans of Melissa Joan Hart since it is about her life. It’s not a particularly moving memoir, so it won’t be appealing to people that don’t know her. But, it is worth a read if you want some behind the scenes scoop. There’s not a whole lot of dirty laundry, just some mild name-dropping. If you are interested in buying the book, you can buy it here. After you have read it, leave a comment and let me know what you think! 




3/5 Stars