Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Q & A with Author Alix Nichols




Hi, Alix. Thanks for joining me! What are your ambitions for your writing career? What would your career look like in an ideal world?

My ambition is to outsell Nora Roberts... What? A girl can dream, can't she? 

What’s your guilty pleasure TV show?

I won’t be very original here—it’s Game of Thrones. I'm totally addicted. I even made one of my characters quote Melisandre and another, Tyrion!

Oh, that's one of my favorites too! Do you believe in fate or love at first sight?

I definitely believe in lust at first sight. I also believe it’s possible to fall in love after spending a day with someone truly special (at least, to you). As for the “fated mates” concept so dear to paranormal romance authors, I don’t think it exists beyond the pages of paranormal romance.  


What is the strangest fact about you?

I’ve never Googled myself. 

Which writers inspire you?

To name just a few: Arthur C. Clarke, J. K. Rowling, Marian Keyes, Nick Hornby, India Knight, Judith Ivory, Tessa Dare, Armistead Maupin, Sue Townsend… 

What are you working on right now?

Book 2 in the Darcy Brothers series. I hope it will be just as fun to read as Find You in Paris


Why do you write?

For the same reason people clean out their “junk drawer” from time to time. In my case, I declutter and make room inside my overcrowded brain by letting out some of the stories fermenting in there. 

Do you have any advice for someone wanting to publish their own book?

Stop wanting and do it. 

What book are you currently reading?

Eligible by Curtis Sittenfeld. One of my readers recommended it, and I’m glad I listened. 
  

I just picked up my copy of Eligable today! How can readers discover more about you and you work? 

Follow me on Facebook and Goodreads. I post regularly in both. And don't forget to sign up for my mailing list and get a free book.

Thanks again for joining me and good luck with your future writing!