Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Q & A with Author CeCe OsGood




Hi, Cece! Let's get started. What are your ambitions for your writing career?

Like so many writers, I want readers to enjoy the characters and how they relate to each other. Friendship is a major element in my books, and I hope the readers like spending time with these people.

What would your career look like in an ideal world?

Well, I guess the seven-figure movie deal would rank pretty high up there for me, along with several best sellers. I can’t even imagine having a theme park and a musical (Harry Potter).

That would be pretty incredible. I think J.K. Rowling's career is a goal for many people. What’s your guilty pleasure TV show?

Major Crimes—I like the interaction with the cops, especially Lt. Provenza. He’s grumpy, like the cat in my Sunny Truly series. Also, the Silicon Valley series. Those guys are too funny.

I would’ve said Inspector Lewis, the BBC series, but it just ended. Grrr. Ditto for Downton Abbey. Double grrr.


Do you believe in fate or love at first sight?

Yes. We live in a mysterious universe, or if you believe Sheldon on The Big Bang Theory, multi-universes.

What is the strangest fact about you?

I was born on an island that’s one mile wide and a mile and half long. There are no cars, only boats and bicycles, for transportation. And, I get seasick easily.

Which writers inspire you?

Currently, I’d have to say Susan Elizabeth Phillips for romantic humor, Diane Orgain for cozies, and Joy Fielding for darker mysteries.


What are you working on right now?

I’m stirring up Mimosas & Murder, the third book in the Sunny Truly Mystery series.

Why do you write?

I like creating worlds populated by wily females, their fun friends, sweet families and adorable pets. Along with all that goodness comes the dark side: murder, jealousy, revenge and avarice.

And, of course, justice. That’s why the killer gets caught. So often in real life, culprits go free or live life large, but in my mysteries, they get their just desserts, I don’t mean pie or chocolate flan!

Do you have any advice for someone wanting to publish their own book?

Prepare to make mistakes. Don’t rush to publish. Get beta readers who know what they’re doing.


What books are you currently reading?

On my Kindle, I’m reading Diane Orgain’s Motherhood is Murder and Liliana Hart’s Whiskey Sour. And on the darker side, I’m listening (when I drive) to Joy Fielding’s Shadow Creek.

How can readers discover more about you and your work?

My website. There’s a subscribe button for my newsletter which I want to title Once In A Blue Moon because it will only come out for a new release or a giveaway or a contest … or a blue moon.  Thank you for the interview.

Thanks for joining me and good luck with your next book in the series!