Search This Blog

Sunday, November 13, 2016

It Ends With Us | Colleen Hoover

“All humans make mistakes. What determines a person's character aren't the mistakes we make. It's how we take those mistakes and turn them into lessons rather than excuses."

Genre: New Adult Contemporary/Romance.
Number of Pages: 367.
Perspective: First.
Location: Boston, Massachusetts. 

It Ends With Us follows Lily over the course of over a decade. We met her after the death of her father. She swears she will never make the same mistakes her mother made in her marriage. But Lily eventually learns that you can’t always understand someone’s decisions until you experience it for yourself. For a complete summary, you can go here.

This is one of those books that I don’t want to say too much about. You really just have to experience it. I found myself going through every emotion while reading this book. I was excited, devastated, furious, and inspired. I teared up many times, including during the author’s note at the end. This is the first time that I have ever been moved to tears by an author’s note! 

I have enjoyed all of Colleen Hoover’s novels, but this is the first one that really had a significant purpose. This book should teach everyone something. It is not lecture, but it gives a whole new perspective. I found myself questioning what I would do in the main character’s same situation. I honestly don’t know if I would make the “right” decisions or not. 

The strength of this book is the first person narrative and how we go through all the emotions with the main character. We fall in love and get our hearts broken with Lily. It was a very powerful story. 

You all need to read this book! Male, female, young, old. This is impactful and so much more than just a romance novel. This book was so good that I gave it my Best Book Award! If you are interested in buying the book, you can buy it here. After you have read it, leave a comment and let me know what you think! 


“Fifteen seconds. That’s all it takes to completely change everything about a person. Fifteen.” 


5/5 Stars 



See my reviews of Colleen Hoover's other books: Confess, November 9, and Never Never.