Search This Blog

Monday, November 14, 2016

Q & A With Author Geralyn Corcillo



Hi, Geralyn. Thanks for joining me! What are your ambitions for your writing career?

I want writing to become enough to pay the bills. All of them. I am getting there, ever closer to quitting my day job. What a day that will be!

What would your career look like in an ideal world? 

It would look like Audrey Hepburn with Wolverine's claws. 

So sweet, but feisty? What’s your guilty pleasure TV show?

Psych! It's my favorite kind of comedy – the kind that stems from funny characters, not simply from hyperbolic situations. Plus, it is Just. So. Eighties.

Do you believe in fate or love at first sight? 

Absolutely! I am not about to declare how love can or cannot happen. There is more in heaven and earth, Horatio…


What is the strangest fact about you? 

I can no longer give blood because I am a potential risk for mad cow disease.


Oh, that is a strange fact! Which writers inspire you? 

Meg Cabot – she is so quirky and zany and hilarious, but man, can she NAIL subtle romance! Agatha Christie – providing readers with delightful escape is one of the greatest things EVER.


Meg Cabot is definitely talented in her genre. What are you working on right now? 

I'm working on Book 3 of my Drakenfall Series,  romantic comedies set in The Cotswolds. This one is called Those American Thighs. It's the story of the local vicar with a hatful of secrets and the disgraced American jezebel who moves into the village.

Why do you write? 

Because I cannot sing or act or dance or draw. If you don't believe me, here is a picture of the Drakenfall Christmas cover mock-up I sent to my amazing cover designer, Sue Traynor. 

Do you have any advice for someone wanting to publish their own book? 

Learn as much as you can about marketing. Being an author is half writing, half marketing. Such demands can seem daunting, but commit, dive in, and sell those books you write!

Great advice. What book are you currently reading? 

Right now I am in the middle of reading all the stories in the recently released holiday anthology that I'm in,  It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Chick Lit. I know, I know, I just released a Christmas novel, and I've got a Christmas short story coming out, too! I am all sorts of festive this holiday season! In my short story It Doesn't Show Signs of Stopping, two flirtatious cross-country texters just might have a chance to be together over Christmas.  You know, I have had stories in many anthologies, but I must say, I have never loved all the stories as much as I am loving the Christmas stories in this one!

How can readers discover more about you and your work? 

Definitely visit and like my Facebook Author Page. I post daily about what I'm reading, what I'm writing, what I'm watching, what inspires me, or what makes me happy. And I love to chat with readers, so stop on by and feel free to comment away and we can dish!

Best of luck with book three and all your future endeavors!