Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Q & A With Author Nikki LeClair Part Two


Welcome back, Nikki! Let's see how things have changed since your first book. What are your ambitions for your writing career?

I want to say I would love to be a full time writer one day, but right now, if I can hash out one to two books a year for the next five years, I will be more than happy. 

What would your career look like in an ideal world?

In an ideal world, I would be able to sit down and write all day. Not only because I would have the money to do so, but because I wouldn’t be hit with pesky writers block. 

What’s your guilty pleasure TV show?

I have many (for shame, I know!) but I’ll go with Housewives of New Jersey, which I have been watching since season one. I don’t even know why I love it so much, maybe it’s the big glamorous, be it, gotti houses. Or maybe it’s the clothes and the fun trips they get to take. Or maybe it’s the fights, because dear lord, some of them are insane…


Do you believe in fate or love at first sight?

I believe in infatuation at first sight, which can lead into love, properly. I know it sounds off since I write Chick Lit. I do believe you can connect with someone so suddenly and dramatically within moments of meeting, but I believe it takes time to fall in love. The strongest type of love occurs overtime, as you get to know the person; their strengths, weaknesses, perhaps whether you can survive a horrendous first fight. 

What is the strangest fact about you?
I dance around my living room with my headphones in, when I’m alone. I find it very liberating, and it always puts in a great mood. I recommend it to everyone!
Which writers inspire you?

This is a long list! I’ve been reading Sophie Kinsella since I was thirteen, and discovered Oscar Wilde in highschool so I’ll focus on the two of them. Sophie’s novel’s where the first ‘chick lits’ I ever read and alas, began my love for the genre. Oscar Wilde’s Picture of Dorian Grey was the very first book that made me fall in love with reading. I loved it so much I even starred as Lady Bracknell in a stage production of The Importance of Being Earnest

What are you working on right now?

It’s the month of NaNoWriMo so I’m trying to get 50,000 words done for the 3rd book in the Haunting Me series. 

Why do you write?

I have an overactive imagination. If I don’t throw myself into the lives of my fictional characters and their worlds, I can get a tad crazy. I started writing fanfictions to my favorite comic books in highschool and it became a fantastic outlet for me.

Do you have any advice for someone wanting to publish their own book?

Other than read as much as you write. SO important. Reach out to other authors in the genre you’re interested in, if they are indo authors, they will most likely LOVE to talk to you and give you advice. Sometimes we won’t shut up though, so just a warning…


What books are you currently reading?

I just finished The Last Dance by Kierney Scott, a fantastic dark, romance between a ballet dancer and the king of the mafia in Russia. It was a remarkable work of fiction, I couldn’t put it down. 

How can readers discover more about you and your work?

I’m all over social media! You can reach out to me via twitter @NikkiL_Books, and my facebook page @NikkiLeClairBooks. I love when readers reach out to me so please feel free to do so! 

Thanks for joining me for a second time. I'll talk to you again when your third book is done! :) 


Check out my first interview with Nikki! See how she's changed since her first book!