Search This Blog

Monday, January 30, 2017

Q & A With Author Linda Bloodworth



Hi, Linda. Thanks for joining me. Let’s get started. What are your ambitions for your writing career? 

I assume one day become insanely famous and be able to call the shots without someone wanting to change things. 

That sounds nice. What would your career look like in an ideal world? 

I’d have the freedom to write at my own pace, and to work with people I admire.

What’s your guilty pleasure TV show? 

Oh, do I ever love reality TV. It’s awful, when Jersey Shore started I could not stop watching this train wreck. Now, I love Hell’s Kitchen and House Hunters.

HGTV is taking over the world. Do you believe in fate or love at first sight? 

I do, it happened to me.

What is the strangest fact about you? 

Oh gosh, where do I begin. I used to sleep with one eye open due to a childhood surgery for lazy eye. Not so much anymore.

That sounds unpleasant! Which writers inspire you? 

Stephen King. Peter Straub. Ursula K. Le Guin. My main character’s name is Ursula after her.

What are you working on right now? 

The sequel to A Raven’s Touch, which is called A Raven’s Revenge.

Good luck! Why do you write? 

Or I’d go crazy. It’s in my blood, it’s in my DNA, I can’t stop lest the voices drive me mad. Sounds about right.

Do you have any advice for someone wanting to publish their own book? 

Write every day. Most likely whatever you wrote for your first draft is crap. Have someone read it. Listen to them. 

What book are you currently reading? 

The Unseen (Rushed, Book 2) by Brian Harmon. He’s fantastic! I highly suggest everyone pick up his work. 

How can readers discover more about you and your work? 


Thanks, Linda! Good luck with your sequel!