Search This Blog

Sunday, May 14, 2017

The Perfect Stranger | Megan Miranda

"The bad guy, the one we could only imagine in the mask, in the shadows - it was always closer than we liked to imagine.”

Genre: Thriller.
Number of Pages: 337.
Perspective: Third.
Location: Rural Pennsylvania. 

The Perfect Stranger is about an ex-journalist who runs away from a controversy by moving to a rural town with an old friend that recently reappeared. Something is not right when that friend goes missing and there’s no evidence of her ever existing. For a complete summary, you can go here.

I love a good thriller with a twist. I was  certain that I figured out the twist early on, so I was annoyed by how obvious it seemed. But, fortunately, I was wrong and didn’t guess exactly how the mystery ended. 

This was a quick read because it caught my attention and I wanted to keep reading. The characters were all flawed, and maybe even a little creepy. You don’t usually meet that many creepy people, so that aspect was a little unbelievable for me. I would say that this book was enjoyable, but not fantastic. It’s not up there with the great thrillers that have become popular over the past few years, but it holds its own and is worth a read. Like most thrillers, I can't say too much about this book without giving away some of the mystery. 

I have not read Miranda’s bestselling book, All The Missing Girls, which is probably an advantage that I had, since many people were so hyped up about this book because of how good the first book was. I have it on my shelf and will be reading that one very soon! We’ll see if that one lives up to its reputation… 

I definitely recommend this book to people who love thriller mysteries. It somewhat reminded me of The Luckiest Girl Alive and The Girl on the Train, but not as epic as either of them. If you are interested in buying the book, you can buy it here. After you have read it, leave a comment and let me know what you think!




“You can get there and not like the truth you find…when you realize that no one was who you thought.”



4/5 Stars


*I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.*