Search This Blog

Sunday, August 6, 2017

Q & A With Author Angelina Kerner



Hi, Angelina! Thanks for joining me and let's get started! What is your book NOT about?

It’s not about the most popular girl on campus. It’s not about a perfect girl. 

So, what is your book about?
It’s about a disabled girl going through an experimental treatment while being watched over by a young bodyguard. 

What is your favorite line from your book?

“[Darkness] is the only color I know,” I confessed. 

What celebrities would play your main characters if it were a movie?

David Gallagher as Leon.

Emma Watson as Chanel. 

Take me through a day in your life. 

I work from 8 am to 5:30 pm every day from home. In between, I feed my son and maybe read a little. After work, I take a walk with my son and, while he sleeps in his stroller, I write or read. After that, I make dinner and up to two days’ worth of other meals.  That way, I don’t have to cook as much every day and can spend more time with my son and family. I give him a bath around 9 or 10 pm, and all games stop cause he needs to know that it’s night and everybody sleeps at night. I drink lots of tea in between all of that. 

Show me a picture of your writing spot. 


If you could spend the day with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be and what would you do?

My mother told me a great many things about her father. If I could spend a day, I would spend it with him. I named my son after her father. He died a year before I was born so I never got a chance to meet him. 

What is the weirdest thing you have had to research for writing purposes?

Nazca lines. People write some weird theories about them. 

I'll have to do some reading on that! What was your favorite book as a child, and what is your favorite book now?

When I was a child, I liked “The Three Little Pigs.” I could never understand why the pigs didn’t realize the wolf was hungry. They would have lived if they’d invited him to dinner. 

Now, it’s The Banned and the Banished series by James Clemens. His writing was an inspiration for me to become an author. 


What books are you currently reading? 

1. Candlelight by P.S. Meraux
2. The Curious Tale of Gabrielle (Book 1) by Zachary Chopchinski 
3. Crimes Against a Book Club by Kathy Cooperman
4. Dead Wrong by Lee Dobbs
5. Floozies and Fallout by Ravenna Young

What is the strangest fact about you? 

When I grocery shop, I usually tend to dance next to my cart while I think up what I need to buy. People actually thanked me for brightening up their days. I usually just do the step work of salsa, waltz, or tango. 

What writers inspire you?

James Clemens, Marion Zimmer Bradley, and Lloyd Alexander

Why do you write?

Because I’m a dreamer; a Pisces. I always have stories inside my mind so I decided to share them. 

I am a Pisces too! We are definitely the creative type. What are you working on right now?

Into the Flames is a work of new adult fantasy fiction. This is not the final cover design (that’s still in the works). It is a sister book to Deity’s Soulmate. In Deity’s Soulmate, the main character, Gardenia, connects with the Queen of the Phoenixes...as a break to get away from a certain dragon. The queen tells of her niece and heir apparent. This is the story of how that legacy is fulfilled-complete with romance, competition, and magick. 


How can readers learn more about you and your work?

By connecting with me at:


By following my blog, readers can find out what I’m reading and working on. I also have short stories on the blog and a subseries of entries on the challenges of being a mother and a writer at the same time!

Thanks for joining me and good luck with your new book!