I was generously given a free sample of the monthly book subscription Attic Box by Blue Spider’s Attic! (In exchange for an honest review).
It was so exciting to receive a box in the mail full of surprise goodies—who doesn’t love getting packages in the mail?! It came wrapped up in pretty blue tissue paper and book themed newsprint. The awesome thing about this box is that it comes from a second-hand bookshop, so all of the books are customized to each subscriber based on preselected genre preferences (I requested Young Adult or Contemporary). Even though the books are used, they are all in like-new condition.
- The Good Woman by Jane Porter
- Allure of the Game by Danielle Santiago
- Kindred Spirits by Sarah Strohmeyer
This box also comes with a variety of goodies based on a monthly theme. This box’s theme was Poseidon’s Posse, so it was based on the god of the sea and other ocean-related fun!
Here are the goodies I received:
- A lip balm called Mermaid Kiss, made by From the Page, an Etsy shop. It was made with coconut oil, candelilla wax, avocado oil, sweet almond oil, and coconut flavor oil. It went on super smooth without feeling too oily! It was a very subtle taste. I enjoyed it!
- Butterscotch toffee coffee from Volunteer Coffee. It smelled delicious and had a very mild and tasty flavor!
- An ocean-themed coloring book The Enchanted Ocean and a set of six mini colored pencils! The artwork is very intricate and can provide many hours of coloring fun.
- A bookmark made from thin wood. It has an image of Poseidon and a Jacques Cousteau quote: “The sea, once it casts its spells, holds one in its net of wonder forever.” It was designed by Blue Spider Press and printed by Cards of Wood.
- A Keep Calm and Keep Reading bookmark and Pink Panther cutout.
If you are interested in subscribing to this box, you can go here. You can order a single box or subscribe to receive one each month. They ship between the 6th and 10th of each month. Subscriptions renew the 15th of each month.
They have two boxes. The one I reviewed was the Attic Box, which is $21.99 for a single month, $62.99 for three months, and $124.99 for six months. If you choose this box, you answer a series of questions about your preferences in genres, drinks (coffee, tea, or both), and what you are currently reading. They use this information to customize your box each month.
The second box is the Basics. It is cheaper, but includes two books, coffee and tea. It is shipped in an envelope, rather than a box. It is $13.99 for one month, $39.99 for three months, and $79.50 for six months. If you choose this box, it just asks you about your genre preferences so they can customize your book choices for you.
I highly recommend this box! Have fun receiving your bookish surprises each month!!